For busy working women, the suit is often the easiest outfit to throw on in the morning. In general, this feature is not about interview suits for women, which should be as classic and basic as you get — instead, this feature is about the slightly different suit that is fashionable, yet professional.
I’ve long been of the opinion that light gray pants are more versatile than white pants for summer — and I was updating an older post with light gray pant options when I found this lovely suit from Express. I think this super light gray (“Puritan gray,” which… ok) looks fabulous. I’m not typically a fan of the “strappy camisole with suit” look, but the monotones here all look fabulous.
The pants (reader favorite the Columnist) are $80 and available in lucky sizes 00–14 in regular, long, short, and petite sizes. The matching double-breasted blazer is $138.
A plus-size option is this light gray herringbone suit from Le Suit; it’s on sale for $119.99 at Macy’s.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Here are some of our favorite light gray pants as of April 2021:
Workwear Sales of Note (as of 4-21-21)
- Nordstrom – Designer clearance continues up to 70% off.
- M.M.LaFleur – The Warehouse Sale: Up to 80% off
- Anthropologie – Extra 25% off all sale items
- Ann Taylor Factory – Extra 20% off all clearance; extra 15% $100+
- Ann Taylor – Extra 70% off 3+ sale items; extra 60% off 2 sale items; extra 50% off 1 sale item
- Banana Republic – 40% off purchase
- Banana Republic Factory – Up to 70% off everything
- Eloquii – 40-60% off all dresses & tops
- J.Crew – Up to 40% off “dressy styles”; extra 50% off select sale styles
- J.Crew Factory – 60% off spring faves; 50-60% off sandals; extra 50% off clearance
- Loft – Up to 50% off spring must-haves; extra 60% off all sale
- Talbots – Spring Red Hanger Sale: Extra 40% off markdowns